Born from a desire to make a pure 29er 5" travel trail bike that rails turns and maintains the agility of it's 26 inch conuterpart, the Yeti SB-95 is a true head turner. Utilizing the same Switch Technology found on the SB-66 to create a head scratching combination of crisp pedaling and efficient bump absorption, the SB-95 also solves most of the problems inherent in other 29er full suspension designs...namely long chain stays, poor tyre clearance and tall top tubes.
The Switch's suspension design and unique wheel path allows for shorter chain stays and loads of tyre clearance. Similarly the compact assembly of the Switch mechanism permits a low slung top tube and stand over clearance that would put a smile on Danny De Vito's face.
And the beauty of the Yeti SB-95 is that all the positive attributes of the 29er are perfectly maintained, even amplified. You'll carry speed over potholes, hold your momentum through the rough stuff and maintain traction on loose terrain. It feels like a 3" bike going uphill and a 6" bike coming back down.
Designed with a whole host of standard features, the Yeti SB-95 won't leave you wanting for upgrades.
2014 Yeti SB95 29R XT Enduro Build Kit
- 2014 Fox Float 29 CTD Fork - 32 or 34
- Headset: Cane Creek
- Crankset: Shimano XT (24-32-42)
- Front Derailleur: Shimano XT Direct Mount
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 10 Spd
- Shifters: Shimano XT 10 Spd Cassette: Shimano 10 Spd
- Chain: Shimano 10 spd
- Wheels: DT Swiss 350/XR400
- Tyres: Maxxis
- Brakes/Levers: Shimano XT
- Handlebar: Easton Haven Carbon
- Stem: Thomson 4X
- Grips: Yeti Lock-On
- Saddle: WTB Yeti Branded
- Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Frame Specs: 2014 Yeti SB95 29R
- Travel: 5" (127mm)
- Weight: 7.5lbs (3.4kg)
- Rear Shock: Fox Float CTD Kashima
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm shell
- Rear Wheel: 135mm spacing QR/142mm spacing 12mm axle
- Front Derailleur: Direct Mount
- Seatpost: 30.9mm diameter
Frame Features 2014 Yeti SB95 29R
- Switch Technology patent pending suspension system
- Fully sealed eccentric system
- Oversized pivot pins with Enduro Max bearings
- Splined BB shell accepts removable ISCG 05
- Tapered inset Head Tube (44mm/56mm)
- Dropouts 12mm x 142 thru axle or 135mm QR
- Post mount rear brake tab
- Internal cable routing on rear triangle
- Custom chain slap guards
- Cable stops for height adjustable seatpost
- Direct Mount front derailleur.
With the SB95, Yeti takes their Switch suspension technology from the popular 26"-wheeled SB66 platform to the world of big-wheelers. The 5'' travel aluminium 29er has been pegged as one of those ever elusive 'do it all' trail bikes that can be ridden as an all-day sort of rig, or fitted with a chain guide and longer stroke fork to appease a rider who might want to take his 29er to new heights.
Labeling the SB95 as a 29er trail bike doesn't really paint a clear picture of just what the black Yeti is capable of - it doesn't ride like a 29er, and it certainly feels a touch more capable than your average trail bike - yet that is exactly what it is. We could harp on about negligible details like the lack of a dropper post as stock equipment, or the sole bottle cage location in the pain in the ass location under the down tube, but when it comes down to how the bike rides, it might just be one of the best mid-travel designs that we've ridden. How many of us are going to spend $6,500 USD on our next bike? Probably not a lot, which is why the $3,500 'Enduro Rock' version may be just the ticket. The less expensive build hangs off of the very same frame, giving riders the chance to get aboard this great performing platform for a more acceptable price. - Mike Levy