2014 New Orange Five S 650b Mountainbike
"So why buy a new Orange Five S 650b?"
The perfect entry point to the new Orange Five’s performance the S offers a build that can go the distance and provides the perfect base for future upgrades.
Fancy upping the spec? Go Pro. Want to take the Five to the max? The Five SE takes you there, and then some.
The new Orange Five is Orange concentrate; a product of undiluted obsession to utter trail brilliance.
This is a bike that does it all, from day-long map-crossing rides to weeks of Alpine descending, all the while putting fun firmly first.
As other manufacturers are rushing out Enduro bikes our trail bike takes another step on its evolutionary path, and, as always, we’ve sweated the details both big and small to keep the Five well ahead of the bermed curve.
The New Orange Five now rolls on 27.5inch wheels, offering the benefits of increased traction and natural bump taming that bigger wheels bring while at the same time keeping the lively and responsive feel you expect from a Five. Coupled with 140mm of gimmick-free suspension action this bike takes the fight to the ups and the downs.
Our unique blend of monocoque and Reynolds tubing is mated to a 1.5inch headtube saving weight, adding stiffness and allowing for greater fork and headset options so you can make your Five truly yours. At the other end of the frame 142mm slotted hub spacing couples increased rigidity with quicker wheel changes out on the trail.
Some things have changed but plenty stays the same; our best-in-class geometry, honed for maximum rider enjoyment, and a proven suspension design that never leaves you wanting, are always at the heart of any Five.
Standard Specfification: (However If you want any changes just shout!)
- Frame Sizes : XSmall / Small / Medium / Large / XLarge
- Tubeset : Monocoque/6061-T6 OS Reynolds Custom Butted Aluminium Tube
- Swing Arm : Maxle 142mm
- Fork : RockShox Sektor Gold 27.5 TK Solo Air Maxle 140mm T/S
- Rear Shock : RockShox Monarch RL
- Bottom Bracket : Race Face X Type
- Rear Mech : Shimano SLX Shadow + 10spd
- Shifters : Shimano SLX R Fire +
- Chainset : Race Face Ride 10 sp 22/32/42
- Brakes : Shimano Deore 180/180
- Wheelset : Formula 15mm/142x12mm + Mavic XM319 27.5
- Tyres : Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.35
- Headset : Cane Creek 40.ZS49/10.EC49 Tapered Steerer
- Seatpost : Race Face Ride
- Saddle : SDG Falcon Orange Special Edition
- Handlebars : Race Face Ride Chester 710
- Cassette : Shimano HG62-10 11-36T